- GatherLogs: Every server I have runs a task in the morning that sends me any warning or error entries in the system or application logs. Of course, Windows error logs have a lot of errors that just occur and really don't mean anything. Therefore, my script weeds these entries out. Previous Article.
- SQLExpBkup: Servers running SQL Express run a job to back up their databases locally prior to the network backup jobs. Previous Article.
- Off-site backups: I mirror quite a bit (using robocopy, mainly) to offsite repositories:
- Some SMB shares
- Backup Exec B2D files
- Veeam Backup Files
- The content of our IT Fileshare (ISOs, installation files, etc)
- The contents of our departmental Sharepoint Knowledge Base (a Document Library). We don't want to be without our documentation. Previous Article
There. Not only is that a pretty good list of existing content, but a pretty good roadmap for me to follow to start posting some of the scripts I've created.